I am writing this blog because there were queries asking how can I find backlinks to my website.
Backlinks to my website
We all are curious to know what are the pages or domains linking to our website or to some page on website. There are some free tools advertising that they do this but i don’t recommend all of them. Google webmaster is the best free tool to do this. There are many other cool features Google webmaster provides, ‘Links to your site’ is one of the features.
You just need a google account to login to webmaster tool.
So to get started with this, you first need to add your website to google by following steps below.
Adding website to google
1. Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters
2. Login to google webmaster by using your google account.
3. Click on “Add property” button to add your website to google.
4. Enter your websites URL in the box and submit the form.
5. After adding your website google will ask you to verify the ownership of your website, just follow the instructions to verify your websites ownership and you are good to go.
Give google some time(at least a week) to crawl your website and gather backlinks and other information related to your website.
Visit this webmaster tool again after a week or so. Click on the website link you have added. Click on “search traffic” menu at left and you will see backlinks (if there are any) under “Links to your site” section.
Or, please login using google or facebook and create a forum topic to get your query answered in few hours here http://www.learn-drupal.in/forums/forum/drupal-forum-post-installation